Dido and Aeneas By Henry Purcell
Saturday 9th June - Sunday 17th June 2012
An advanced course for solo and consort singers and baroque string players, led by Deborah Roberts and Julia Bishop.
Applications are invited for Triora Musica's first international summer school, aimed at advanced amateur and student performers, taking place in the beautiful medieval hilltop town of Triora in Liguria, Italy.
The course is open to advanced baroque string players (of at least grade 6 or equivalent) standard and advanced solo and consort singers. There are special rates for music students.
The week will culminate in 2 performances:
- An informal concert of Restoration music by composers such as Henry Purcell, Matthew Locke, and John Blow on Friday 15th June;
- A performance of Purcell's Dido and Aeneas on Saturday 16th June in the ancient central piazza.
Other activities will include master classes on 17th-century English song and small scale chamber music for strings. Pitch: A=415
Fees for the course: Tuition: £300 (£150 students)
Accommodation for bed, breakfast and evening meal (paid directly to the hotel):
- Single room € 599
- Sharing double or twin room € 449 per person
- Sharing triple room : € 399 per person
- Extra discount of 15% for non participating partners
Information for singers
Information for string players